Do you know the value of OnStar?
GM's OnStar is an in-vehicle safety and security system that is designed to help protect you and your family on the road. Offering
both a three button AND automatic detection system, the OnStar service can provide a value that no other car manufacturer offers.
Read below for a list of all the features and services that OnStar offers.
OnStar Remote Keyfob Services
RemoteLink Key Fob Services† are a component of the OnStar RemoteLinkTM2 app that gives you
access to features such as remote start as well as locking and unlocking—even when miles away
from your vehicle. This is included for five years after purchase of your 2014 Chevrolet vehicle, with
or without a paid OnStar® subscription. With Remote Link Key Fob Services, you can unlock your
automatic door locks remotely if your keys are locked inside or in case of an emergency. With factory
installed and enabled remote start, you can also remotely start or turn off your car, which is helpful for
cooling or heating the inside of your vehicle, and activate your vehicle’s horns and lights to help
locate it in a crowded parking lot.
When OnStar RemoteLink Key Fob Services are active, location information is collected each time you use the app.
Find out where your loved one is at any time with Vehicle Locate.4 Just access Family Link online to view a map with the vehicle's exact location.
- If you've got a new driver in the house, Vehicle Locate gives you peace of
mind as he takes to the road.
- If your family member is driving across the state to visit a friend, use the
Vehicle Locate feature to check on her progress.
- If your spouse is unreachable and driving in inclement weather, the
Vehicle Locate feature can help you determine when he might be home
safe and sound.
Vehicle Location Alert
Set up email or text message notifications and the Vehicle Location Alert4 feature
will let you know the location of your loved one's vehicle. You can choose the day,
time and frequency of the alerts.
- If your teen driver is supposed to arrive at school every day at 8:00 a.m., use a
Vehicle Location Alert and get a text every day regarding the vehicle's location—
without you or your teen picking up the phone.
Family Link vehicle information is kept private, so only you and those you authorize will know the location of the vehicles5
on your OnStar Account.
Once you've enrolled, use one of the following ways to access and update your Family Link account.
- Visit www.onstar.com/familylink and log in.
- Bookmark this page.
- Click the link included in your introductory Family Link email.
In a medical emergency: Our trained Advisors are ready for emergencies, have Poison Control information,
and can stay on the line until help arrives.
- As a good Samaritan: When you see a crash, someone in trouble, or a fire, just push your red button and we'll send emergency help.
For an Amber Alert: If you see a missing child, push your red button. OnStar has teamed up with the police for rapid response.
- In most crash situations, a specially-trained Emergency Advisor is immediately connected to your vehicle. If you request help, or can't answer, emergency responders are sent to your precise GPS location. Advisors monitor the OnStar network 24 hours a day, so there's always someone to help when you need it most.
Want to learn more? Visit OnStar's website to find out more about pricing, packages, watch videos or learn more about
the technology behind OnStar.
Available on select Apple,® Android™ and Blackberry® devices.
Services vary by device, vehicle and conditions. Requires an active OnStar subscription.